Grants up to $11,000 are now available for qualified applicants for roof replacement projects. Funding for this program was made possible through the National Foreclosure Settlement, through the Illinois Attorney General’s Office.
There is limited funding and only 5 grants will be available. Applications will be available and collected at the Boone County Administration Building, 1212 Logan Ave, on August 15, 2017. Applicants can some either between 11a and 1p, or 6p and 8p. To apply, you must bring copies of:
- Proof of ownership. Please provide one of the following:
- Proof of homeowner’s insurance
- Income verification Please provide one of the following:
- Most recent federal income tax form or verification of non-filing • Previous month’s pay stubs, and/or Social Security award letter
- Any other documents demonstrating what income is received by anyone living in the home
- Bank Statement – checking, most recent month
- State issued photo ID
- Social Security card
- Utility bill – in your name including property address
Applications and all paperwork must be returned to HomeStart (803 N Church St, Rockford 61103) or the Boone County Administration office (1212 Logan Ave, Suite 102) on that application date. After all of the applications are received, each application will be scored and ranked according to the program criteria. All applicants will be notified by August 28, 2017.
Eligible applicants must own their home, have property insurance, and have incomes at or below 120% of the Area Median Income.
For more information about the grant program call Brandon Kruse, Project Coordinator, at HomeStart 815- 962-2011; or call Ken Terrinoni at 815-547-4770.