At this in-person workshop, participants learn about the entire home buying process from housing industry experts and HomeStart staff, topics covered include:
- Personal and financial advantages of homeownership
- Basic terms of the real estate transaction
- Purchasing a home and understanding credit
- Selecting a real estate broker, lender, and/or attorney
- Shopping for your home and obtaining a mortgage loan
- Fair Housing Laws
- Purchase process including writing an offer, counteroffers, inspection requirements, contingencies, and closing documents
- Insurance needs
- Budget for future home maintenance
- Closing process
- And more!
To register for this workshop, you must complete one-on-one homebuyer advising. To get started with intake, click Create Your Account and select Homebuyer Coaching and check the box “I want to take a Homebuyer Education course.”
When completed, the participant in this HUD certified Homebuyer Education class will receive a certificate* that may be used to qualify for numerous down payment programs. To see our workshop schedule, please check out our class calendar.
*Certificate is valid for one year upon completion of course